Dear Citizens of Vallejo,
As a Trustee of the Vallejo Board of Education for the past seven years, I worked tirelessly with my fellow Trustees, Superintendents, staff and the community. Together, we accomplished the following:
- Higher graduation rate
- Safer schools
- Recovery from State Receivership
- Established solid financial standing
- Instituted an independent Citizens Fiscal Audit Committee
- Full Service Community Schools
- New Leadership with a new Superintendent and Chief Financial Officer
- We are beginning to bring the Trades back to the schools
I’ve been faced with having to cut the budget and I made sure that cuts were away from the classroom and students.
“Sixty five percent of children entering grade school this year will end up working in careers
that haven’t even been invented yet.” (Google)
Recently I recommended that the School District develop a Computer Science program. Steps are now being taken to initiate the program for next year school opening. The Computer Science program is to address the future workforce demands of our nation and the world, thus, to Be Future Ready.
I ask for your vote November 6th! Thank you.
Paid for by the Committee to Re-Elect Tony Ubalde for Vallejo School Board 2018
201 Windsor Way, Vallejo, CA 94591 ID:# 1341103